Happy Monday Morning friends!
Today I wanted to share with you some great juicing superfoods that we integrate into our NutriBullet, helping our body’s feel great! When I started my journey to living a holistic, healthy lifestyle 10 years ago there was tons of information out there to sift through and I often became discouraged, quickly running back old habits. That’s why I want to help you navigate some of the terms and health buzz so that you can figure out what is best for YOUR body. My motto is: eat whole foods. Eat as organic as you can afford. Drink quality filtered water. Take your supplements. Get up and MOVE.
Don’t stress out if it’s not perfect! Seriously. Coming from a VERY black and white, perfectionist personality, I have had to learn this one the hard way. Do the best you can and remember that small changes over time change your lifestyle. Food is our friend, not our enemy. Try and focus on 1-2 things that you can change each month. Once you have that nailed down into a positive habit, add another change. When you fall off of the band wagon, make sure you don’t beat yourself up and put you in a “time out”. You are worth fighting for and you are ABLE to make changes that will better your health, your vitality and your life! You can do this, one step at a time!
Now onto a few of the superfoods that I have come to love!
For those of you who might be a little new to the term, let me help you out a bit.
Oxford Dictionary defines is as: “a nutrient-rich food considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being.” Sounds easy enough, right!?
When we use the phrase superfoods, we are talking about things like chia seeds, flax seeds, maca powder, cacao nibs and goji berries. There are a myriad of other foods that are considered super, but these are going to be our focus for the next few weeks!
I will break each one down in a detailed form but for right now lets look at the broad stroke of why these are so important to include into your daily routine!
1. Chia Seeds: Helps with boosting energy levels, aids in digestion, stabilizes blood sugars, great source of fiber, rich in Omega 3’s, plant-based protein & cardiovascular health!
2. Flax Seeds: great source of Omega 3 fatty acids, high levels of lignans (which have antioxidant qualities), contains both soluble and insoluble fiber, wonderful way to get vitamin B1 and are an excellent micro-nutrient.
3. Maca Powder: Excellent for chronic fatigue & hormone balance, full of vitamins and minerals including B, C & E, Zinc, calcium, great source of energy, helps aid in anxiety as well as balancing moods.
4. Cacao Nibs: *Important to differentiate between cocoa* Cacao nibs have “been roasted, separated from their husks, and broken into smaller pieces.” Healthier than dark chocolate! Full of antioxidants & is considered a raw food. Extremely versatile!
5. Goji Berries: Rich in antioxidants, excellent source of Vitamin A-helping both vision and boosting the immune system, helps aid in diabetes control and high blood pressure!
So there you have it friends! Try adding in one superfood to your diet this week! Your body will thank you for it. =]
Stay tuned for more healthy recipes, tips and encouragements in the month of January as we all take back our health TOGETHER! Make sure to write down your goals on a sheet of paper and comment below on the ONE you want to focus on THIS week!
I am with you and for you in this journey! Lets LIVE and LIVE to the fullest!